Friday, May 15, 2009

Wayman Tisdale

I just learned that Wayman Tisdale passed away this morning in Tulsa, Oklahoma. You can read a great article about him here by Carey Murdock, a sports writer in Oklahoma City.

He was awesome basketball player and musician. For Oklahoma, he was one of our best ambassadors. Wayman was recently placed on the Tourism Board of Oklahoma by Governor Brad Henry, who attended Oklahoma University at the same time as Tisdale. Tisdale's infectious smile is what I remember most about him.

Besides Wayman being an Oklahoman like myself, I am writing this because he was truly a good person. He was also diagnosed with cancer in the same spot and at the same time as my Dad. They went to the same doctor in Oklahoma City. The doctor originally diagnosed both of them with the same type of cancer, it is now known that my dad's is actually a different type of cancer. Because of this my Dad and I have felt a lot of kinship with Wayman Tisdale. He will be sorely missed. Wayman was only 44 years old, my thoughts are with his wife and 4 kids that are left behind.

No comments: